Lovely article at Inhabit.com that lists 6 spot on ways to keep the fruits and vegetables fresher for longer in your kitchen. I am always talking
- Give your berries a hot bath: …before storing them to keep them from going fuzzy!
- Keep tomatoes OUT of the refrigerator: the fridge drains your tomatoes of their flavor and texture…
- Wrap your leafy greens: Those greens wilt, so wrap them with a paper towel, then put it a plastic bag for freshness…
- Refresh lettuce and herms with an ice bath: “place the lettuce leaves or herbs in a large bowl of ice water and shake the greens around a bit to revive them a minute or two…”
- Freeze your fruits and veggies: You’d be surprised at the veggies you can keep fresh this way – You can freeze items such as bell peppers, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, celery, cucumbers, onions, etc.
- Refrigerate ripened bananas: Surprise! the banana might turn black, but the inside will stay fresh and edible.
To your health.